RE3 to RE4
||Knox Leisureworks YMCA,
Tormore Road, Boronia, 3155
• An opportunity exists for a passionate and enthusiastic swim teacher to join our team at Knox Leisureworks.
• Work for an organisation that values diversity.
• Great staff benefits like free access to gyms!
Knox Leisureworks are seeking enthusiastic and passionate swim teachers to join our large staff team.
A range of daytime evening and weekend shifts are available to the right candidates.
Come and join the team at our Award winning Swim School!
About the Company
YMCA Victoria is a charitable, not-for-profit community organisation that has served the Victorian community for more than 160 years. Together with our partners, we address community needs whilst building strong people, strong families and strong communities. With over 5,000 employees, we deliver programs and services at more than 150 locations every day in settings including camps, student accommodation, community recreation and sporting facilities, swimming pools, early education, schools and kindergartens, youth services and youth justice facilities.
About the Centre
The Knox Leisureworks YMCA is an important community facility, managed by YMCA Victoria in partnership with Knox City Council.
In undertaking daily duties and decision making at Knox Leisureworks YMCA all staff will ensure that the principles of the following mission statement are the foundation of all actions;
"In managing Knox Leisureworks, the YMCA will work in partnership with the Knox City Council and the local community to deliver the best outcomes in the following areas;
- Provide a significant contribution to the development of individuals and the Knox community
- To provide facilities and services, that promote inclusiveness and Access for All
- To produce the best business result
- To produce the best environmental outcomes
Knox Leisureworks YMCA has a huge range of facilities comprising 5 indoor & 2 outdoor swimming pools, 80 metre waterslide, fully equipped gymnasium, group fitness room with over 40 weekly classes, spin studio, childcare facilities, "Good Life" café and family & disabled change facilities.
The centre has undergone enormous growth in recent years and enjoys a reputation of leadership in the areas of aquatic education, customer service, quality management systems and community development.
At the YMCA, we value our people. Working for us means you’ll enjoy great work/life balance and a range of benefits which improve your wellbeing and help you develop as an individual.
About the Role
- Friendly, positive, approchable and helpful
- Strong and valuable team player
- Up to date knowledge of swimming techniques and practices
- Efficient customer service, friendly mannerisn, punctual and committed to shifts.
- Available to work flexible hours including evening and weekends.
- All applicants will undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment
- All successful applicants will be subjected to a National Police Check. YMCA Knox Leisureworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Please submit: CV/Resume, Cover Letter, Key Selection Criteria
YMCA Victoria is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the YMCA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Framework.
Visit our website for further information
- Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety
- Teacher of Access and inclusion (Desirable)
- Working with children check
- Teacher of Infant and Preschoolers (Desirable)
- Current CPR
- Current Level 2 First Aid
- Safeguarding Children and Young People certifcate (Completion upon successful applicants) YMCA Victoria is committed
to safeguarding children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo
an extensive screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants
must comply with the YMCA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Framework.
How to Apply