8 Wonderful Benefits of regular Yoga practice!
- Date: 06 November 2013
- Category: News
- Share This
Why wouldn’t you practice Yoga when these are just some of the benefits…
- Improved Flexibility – It won’t take long, but with regular practice you will notice your muscles become more supple, flexible and lengthen with every class.
- Strength – your muscles will not only start to look better, they will start to do their job helping you move, balance and protect your bones and joints from impact, injury or fall.
- Healthy Joints – moving your joints through their full range of motion will help increase their strength and reduce the onset of Arthritis and degenerative disease.
- Healthy Bones – The weight bearing exercises and posture in Yoga will help retain bone density and avoid Osteoporosis.
- Weight loss – losing weight is often the result of moving more and eating less. You can take a Yoga class at your own pace, but it can also be a very vigorous way to exercise where you can expend a lot of energy.
- Stress Less – Scientific tests show that Yoga helps with reducing stress levels, lowering blood pressure and help reduce the production of the stress hormone Cortisol, which has detrimental health impacts when levels are high for long periods of time.
- Improved Circulation – Yoga will get your heart working more efficiently and ensure blood and oxygen flow to all the cells, tissues and organs within your body, especially to the extremities.
- Improved Mental Health – Regular Yoga practice helps reduce depression and increase the production of serotonin, the happy hormone. Meditation is also highly recommended for addressing mental health conditions and improving general health and wellbeing.
About the Author – Andrew Ward is the Manager of YMCA Docklands, teaches Group Fitness and Yoga, and holds a Bachelor of Applied Science in Nutrition. Andrew also represents Docklands workers on the Docklands Community Forum and has a passion for improving Corporate Health and Wellness.