Get active this April!
- Date: 09 March 2017
- Category: News
- Share This
Registrations are now open for the 2017 Premier’s Active April.
In its ninth year, Premier’s Active April is a Victorian Government initiative encouraging families to join in the fun of increased physical activity. Participants who sign up commit to completing at least 30 minutes of physical activity a day through April.
This year Premier’s Active April has launched a new iOS and Android mobile app. Participants can now log daily activity, track progress throughout the month and access general offers.
YMCA Victoria is a proud partner, offering prices and free activities for Victorians to enjoy the powerful benefits of physical activity.
How it works
Premier’s Active April participants complete 30 minutes of physical activity each day during April. All participants can log their daily activity in the mobile or web app and chart their progress throughout the month.
In 2017, every Premier’s Active April participant will receive*:
- 10 free passes to a participating YMCA or local government recreation facility
- 15% off at Sportsmart in store and online
- one hour free tennis court hire at Melbourne Park or Albert Reserve
- one free Get into Cardio Tennis session
- 20% off any annual membership with Cycling Victoria
- a 2 for 1 ticket offer to SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium
- a chance to win some great prizes including major registration prizes of tickets to the 2018 Australian Open Tennis Finals*, a $1,500 bike voucher or a GoPro camera
- a chance for your school to win sporting equipment and visits from high-profile sporting personalities
- weekly email tips on healthy eating and being active
- a range of benefits, prizes and resources for Schools and Workplaces participating in Active April.
Premier’s Active April officially starts on Saturday 1 April and concludes on Sunday 30April 2017.
Register online at www.activeapril.vic.gov.au.
* For full terms and conditions please visit the Premier's Active April website. View the list of participating YMCA-managed centres.