- No player shall be allowed to score more than 10 points in any one game. If, however a player on 9 points scores a field goal the full value of the field goal shall be recognized. A player on 9 points fouled in the act of shooting is eligible to shoot the following free throws. A player on 9 points who is fouled in the act of shooting where the goal is successful may also shoot the bonus free throw. A player on 10 points that is fouled when the ninth team bonus situation applies must nominate an eligible teammate to take the penalty free throws. Players on 10 points will only be allowed to score a further 10 points when all teammates eligible to play have scored 10 points.
- All jump balls will be contested in the center circle.
- In the event of a drawn game the result will stand unless the tie occurs in a final in which case an overtime period of 5 minutes will be played during which each team will maintain their scoring end and all player fouls and points will stand.
- All other rules of basketball will apply.
- Any disputes or complaints must be made in writing and addressed to ‘Stadium Sports Coordinator at Carlton Baths’
MIXED BASKETBALL RULES (additional):
- For the first half of the game all female players shall be regarded as restricted players, for the second half of the game all male players will be deemed restricted. Restricted players may move through the key at either end of the court but must not impact on the ball or play, ie: must not screen, rebound, block, pass, receive or interfere with the ball. Restricted players are allowed to land in the key on the follow through from a pass or shot but must leave the key area immediately after. Restricted players are allowed to carry, or defend the ball through the key only when that play occurs in the offensive team’s backcourt following a score or in bound pass.
- Any infringement of the restricted player rule will result in a violation with the opposing team awarded the ball at the end line. A deliberate violation of the restricted player rule will be penalized by an automatic 2 points, followed by possession at the end line to the offending team.
- Any combination of male and female players shall be allowed to line up for free throws, but restricted players are not allowed to enter the key.
- Carlton Baths court is an enclosed court.
- The basketball rings at each end will be raised
- No food/drink is to be brought into the stadium apart from player water bottles.
- All spectators, players and belongings need to be kept either in lockers at the centre or under the benches courtside for safety reasons. Water will be permitted on sidelines
This game is aimed to create a fun, friendly team sport with a competitive edge. Rules were designed to keep the game fair & in control and must be adhered to very closely.
Team spectators wishing to support their team, must act in a quiet and civil manner at all times. Spectators must not interfere or be distracting towards referees/officials and/or players. They will be asked to vacate the building.
There will be no excuse for any violent behaviour or swearing. This will NOT be tolerated. If a player(s) wishes to spoil it for the rest of their team and are found guilty of misconduct. The Penalties will be harsher than expected.
Player(s) will be sent off and suspended. The Team(s) will be disqualified and will lose on forfeit. There is No Exception to this rule. We suggest if a player(s) cannot abide by the Rules and By-Laws of the game, they should not play at all.
We expect everyone to play the game in a Sportsmanship manner with no dramas and to enjoy yourselves playing Basketball at Carlton Baths. If you have anything to say constructively about improving the competition we are more than happy to hear the feedback at any time.